Glass Upgrade for DG/HSI and Attitude Instruments in GA Aircraft
- Replaces traditional electromechanical instruments; can be configured in attitude, DG/HI/HSI and turn coordinator positions
- Bright, sunlight-readable 3.5” LCD color display, sized to fit standard 3-1/8” instrument cutout
- Certified via approved model list (AML) for STC’d installation on more than 560 aircraft makes and models
- Includes a 4-hour backup battery with battery status indicator
- Dual G5 installation offers reversionary display capability plus the added redundancy of dual ADAHRS and dual backup batteries
The G5 electronic flight instrument delivers exceptional performance, reliability and ease of installation as a drop-in replacement for primary attitude and/or directional gyros in type-certificated fixed-wing aircraft. For select aircraft equipped with G500 or G500 TXi, G5 can also be used as a standby flight instrument to those systems. Providing an economical upgrade path via a comprehensive approved model list (AML), the compact and cost-effective G5 is bringing modern “glass cockpit” reference to thousands of aircraft that would otherwise depend on older, vacuum-driven equipment.
G5 Electronic Flight Instrument Non Certicated and Certicated Aircraft
Designed for installation in FAR Part 23 Class 1 and Class 2 aircraft (singles and twins weighing less than 6,000 lbs), the 3.5” G5 display fits into a standard 3-1/8” round cutout, taking up just a fraction of the space and weight previously required by conventional gyro-based instruments. It’s valid for flight under VFR and IFR conditions. And, by combining visual cues and data readouts once scattered across a myriad of instruments, G5 makes flight information easier to scan — so pilots can respond more quickly and intuitively to any inflight situation.